Welcome to the page for Concord P.E.O.P.L.E. (Puppets Encouraging Others Proclaiming Life Everlasting)!
You may scroll to the bottom of this page to learn how you may use our scripts in your puppet ministry.
Below are photos of some of the Concord P.E.O.P.L.E. taking a short break before they tell someone else about Jesus!
Concord P.E.O.P.L.E. is a ministry of Concord Baptist Church to reach others with the good news of Jesus. Most of our scripts are written in-house. We pick the topic God gives to us and develop a script around that idea. We have used ideas from other script writers and from popular children’s shows (We developed one on the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin show and another on How The Grinch Stole Christmas).
We do not mind that you use these scripts in your ministry, whether it be a puppet ministry or any other kind of ministry (you may adapt them to your youth or drama ministry if desired). We do retain the copyright to the material, but grant you the right to reproduce as many copies as needed and use them in a Christian church setting to tell others about Jesus.
We do ask that you not sell the scripts or make any charge on any shows produced using them. If you find these scripts useful, please make a generous donation to the domestic or international mission board of your church or denomination (the North American Mission Board and the International Mission Board for Southern Baptist’s: Annie Armstrong Easter Offering and Lottie Moon Christmas Offering).
Our prayer is that God will bless your puppet ministry as He has blessed ours! If you use any of our scripts, please send a note to email@example.com telling us how you used them and the response to our scripts.
- Sending Hope – This script was written for our 2019 Annie Armstrong Easter Offering. We had the opportunity to speak to Jorge Santiago, a missionary in Comerio, Puerto Rico. He recorded his dialog for the script. This script focuses on missions and the importance of the Gospel.
- God Is Good All The Time– This script was written for our 2018 mission trip to Belize. It was used in three different VBS’ (Las Flores, Maya Mopan, and Bullet Tree). It talks about how all believers have so much in common. It teaches us that God is good all the time and contains a clear presentation of the Gospel.
- Here I Am – Send Me – This script was written for the 2015 Annie Armstrong Easter Offering. It teaches that God wants to use all of us to tell others about Jesus.
- God Loves Us – This script was written for Vacation Bible School at a sister church. It teaches us that God’s love is incredible, God’s love is faithful, God’s love is invincible, God’s love is unconditional, and God’s love is real. The script concludes with presentation of the Romans Road Plan of Salvation.
- Totally His – This script was written for our 2013 Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. It discusses the importance of partnering with other churches to support our missionaries in the field. We discuss the 10-40 window and learn that we are to pray strategically, give sacrificially, parter to reach the unreached, engage the unengaged and send cross-cultural missionaries.
- A New Heart – This script was written for a benefit for a heart transplant recipient from our congregation. It emphasizes the need for God to create a new heart in us.
- The True Meaning of Easter – This script was written for Easter 2013. It discusses how Easter is celebrated in Mexico and gives a clear presentation of the Romans Road plan of salvation. “Bobby” trusts Christ as his savior in this script.
- Hungry – This script addresses the issue of hunger in the world in conjunction with World Hunger Day in the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Whatever It Takes – This script was written for Easter 2012. It continues to develop the characters we have met in our previous scripts and introduces Frank, who surrenders to God’s call to plant a new church in their community.
- God’s Valentine – This script was written for Valentine’s Day 2012. It develops the characters we have met in our previous scripts. Charlie really likes a girl at school, but is afraid to talk to her. He learns from his pastor and youth pastor about God’s Valentine. Charlie returns to school and shares Jesus with the girl he likes. Contains everything you need to do the play including a Valentine’s acrostic using John 3:16.
- Let It Start With Me – based on the music video for the 2011 Lottie Moon Christmas offering music video. It builds on the characters from the True Friends skit (we are going to develop these characters in future skits. There won’t be a deep development that would make future skits of little use if the previous skits have not been delivered). The puppets are at a New Year’s watch night service. Their youth pastor shows the Let it Start With Me video which challenges them to resolve to share Jesus with their friends. The skit contains links to the video file needed from the IMB website.
- True Friends – a message based on Colossians 3:12-14. A group of boys beginning a new school year learn how Jesus wants to to respond to someone who is not very much like them.
- Bringing in the Sheaves – a skit used to publicize an evangelistic event in our community. You could use it to publicize revivals, tent meetings, camp meetings, or any other evangelistic event you may have.
- Here Am I – The Story of St Patrick – This gives a little of the history of Patrick and teaches about forgiveness.
- It’s The Great Savior – based loosely on It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. A few lines of dialog are used directly from the script. However, the script focuses on sharing our faith with others and inviting them to be a part of the family of God.
- The First Thanksgiving – the story of the first Thanksgiving. This script uses the five kernels story you may have found.
- The Grinch Who Saved Christmas – a script based on The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Again, this script uses a few lines of dialog from the book/movie, but playfully uses the Who and Whoville concept to encourage everyone to share their faith. Also encourages giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering (Southern Baptists international missions offering).
- Who’s Missing – Whose Mission – another Christmas script we developed with the testimony of Southern Baptist international missionaries (one from our community). Our Lottie Moon theme that year was Who’s Missing – Whose Mission. We asked our missionaries for a brief testimony and then how they would answer those questions. We developed the script around their answers.
- Puppet Ministry Introduction – we wrote this script to introduce the P.E.O.P.L.E. to the church and set the vision for what this ministry would do.